Sunday, March 2, 2008

Good Grief, it's March!

What? It's March again? How can this be? It was just January like yesterday. sigh Oh well, moving on.

I'm glad to be through with February. It was a very tough month at times, mostly due to work stuff. It really sucks when you put a lot of time & effort into your work, only to get told it wasn't enough. I take great pride in the fact that I work very hard (as I'm sure most of my friends that read this do as well), & to have your PtB (Powers that Be) tell you "Wow, is that all you've got?" is a pretty cold slap in the face. Things did get a bit better last week, mostly because I did something I really haven't done in other jobs - I took a stand. I knew I was doing all I could, working my butt off, so there was no way I was going to take their crap lying down. So I spoke up, & I said my peace. I was professional, & I didn't let my emotions get in the way (which is a problem sometimes - shocking, I know). I was actually kinda proud of myself. And it paid off. Things got a little better. So I'm going to keep using that going into this new month, where I have to start my billing process (& therefore my set of headaches) all over again.

Stay tuned for updates... I'm sure it'll all go to hell here soon.

No comments: