Sunday, February 18, 2007

What the?!?!

So apparently I have been "tagged"... why? I'm not sure. I'm a good person, or at least I try to be, & WHAMMO. So thus now I have to post 5 Odd Things About Myself. Ok, Jer, you asked for it...

1) I cannot swim. I also cannot ride a 2 wheeled bike, roller skate, or ice skate. Yes, I'm a freak. I didn't get out much as a child, mostly because of a completely insane, overprotective mother. Someday I might try to accomplish the last 3, but the first one tho (swimming) probably won't happen any time soon. I have this thing about getting my head under water - I hate it. So that rules swimming out.

2) I have a partially photographic memory. Like I can remember details from books, pictures, places, but it's kinda like the details aren't in focus. For example, I can remember where information is on a page in a book, I can see the layout of the page, the position of pictures, but the text is most often blurry. So this is only a partially useful talent. =)

3) I believe I have mild OCD. I'm a checker. I literally cannot leave the house without making sure that all the doors are locked, nothing is left on, etc. Several times. I think it has something to do with my short term memory. Or that I'm insane, one or the other. It also could be the same insane mother mentioned in #1 - she does it too.

4) I can flex the top knuckles of my fingers independently of the other knuckles. It creeps people out when I do it. That's fun. =) But if I have them bent for too long they tend to lock up & then they're sore. But it's still fun to watch people freak.

5) I LOVE sports. Probably more so than Hubby. Almost all kinds too. Soccer & pro basketball are exceptions. They kinda suck, especially soccer. Watching soccer is like watching paint dry for me. I know a lot of people like it, good for them. But I won't watch it. Football (the "American" kind) & baseball are my two favorites. I even play Fantasy Football. Did pretty well this year too, made it to the first round of the playoffs with crap for running backs, but got bounced in the first round. Maybe next year.

So there you are - 5 Oddities about Nik. Unfortunately I have no one to "tag" now, however. So if you happen to read this & feel the urge to purge about yourself, consider yourself tagged.

2 comments:

Jerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry said...

Try this again. Man I hate typos.

1. You my dear are going to have a busy summer!
2. You need memory glasses. . .
3. Why doesn't this shock me? ;)
4. Ok. . .that is odd.
5. That one I will never understand. I love to play sports but I would rather slam my head repeatedly in my refrigerator door than actually watch them.