Sunday, February 18, 2007

And now for the news...

So I haven't posted in a while, not because I don't have anything to say really, but just have kinda forgotten to sit down & write something. The Holidays came & went in their usual flurry of fun, parties, & travel. Managed to make it through this year without getting sick (YAY), & even managed to make it down to Iowa to the hubby's Grandma's house. This is good, because I a) haven't been able to get down there for a couple years because I've been sick @ the time, & b) I feel really bad if the hubby misses it too. Grandma D is in her late 80's, but other than poor eyesight & the occasional complaint, she's in pretty good health for her age. But you never know what can happen, so I'm glad we got down there to see her. I even managed to get the coveted Roll & Frosting recipes from her this year! =)

New Year's was kind of mellow - hung out with friends at their house. Very nice. I'm not into big parties or bar hopping @ New Years. A) I HATE dressing up... too much stress, & B) just seems like a recipe for disaster. Too many stupid people out & about for my taste. Altho I would like to do New Years in Times Square, just once to say I did.

January & February have been pretty uneventful, except for those 2 weeks around the beginning of February when I finally got that bad cold I normally get around the Holidays. (Thanks Hubby!) Altho for once I think the flu shot I got actually did some good, as I got through the worst of things about 1/2 as fast as the Hubby did. He had it 2 weeks, I only had it about 6 days. We both still have a nagging cough, but it sounds like that might hang around a while (yippee).

So that brings you up to date on everything that's been going on. Nothing terribly exciting, hence the lack of postings. I'll try to get better about it tho. I'm sure you're waiting with bated breath.

No comments: