Monday, February 19, 2007

Hi, I'm Nik, & I'm a TV Addict...

Well folks, it's Monday, day 1 of a new work week &, more importantly, one of the 2 best nights on TV. I am, of course, talking about my absolutely favorite show, 24, & my favorite new show, Heroes. Unfortunately, the TV Gods have pitted these 2 quality programs opposite each other. The good news for me is that I have a media center PC, a fancy-pants TiVo, so I can record both of them & watch them commercial free. Yay for me!

Tonight we had two great episodes. Some minor reveals, but good stuff. 24 has now made me go "OH MY GOD!" twice this season now. And I have a feeling it's not over yet. Heroes was good too.... the end (which I won't give away for those of you a- that watch it too & b- haven't seen it yet) was GREAT as far as I'm concerned. I was quite pleased. =)
Is it wrong that I obsess over TV like this? Probably. I should be worried about real stuff like global warming, the "war" in Iraq, or the fact that kids are cooking puppies alive in Georgia. Don't get me wrong - I do worry about these things, & much more. But on Monday nights (& Thursdays, the other "Great Night of TV" this season), I get to ignore all that for a little while & get to hang out with Jack Bauer & save the world in a day, or save the cheerleader, & save the world. Either way, I win.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

I refuse to get hooked on yet another t.v. show so watching 24 is out. I did however find myself on the edge of my chair watching Heroes.