Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Can I get a do-over?

Do you ever have a day, which starts off relatively low-key & uneventful, only to have it turn into a complete cluster fuck? Yeah, that's the kinda day I had today.

Got to work early-ish, feelin' pretty decent. Finally got a respectable amount of sleep, only woke up once but was able to knock right back out. So it was starting out pretty good. Well, of course, it all went downhill from there. And the catalyst? Slinky, of course. Now, Slinky is the "loving" term (ha ha) I use for my completely obnoxious British co-worker. This guy is a total, king-sized Pain in the Ass. We work in a cube farm, & we sit next to each other. Our cubes happen to face out onto the main aisle of our side of the building. Slinky absolutely cannot let ANYONE pass by his cube without a proper "Hallo!" to them. I swear, he stops what he's in the middle of & turns around to say Hi to whoever is unfortunate enough to be passing by him. And he'll do it if you're talking to him also. He can be in the middle of a sentence of a conversation about (*GASP*) an actual work subject & if he sees someone pass by, it's "blah blah contracts blah blah OH HALLO (insert name of poor schmuck here)!" It is, by far, one of THE most annoying things I've ever witnessed. But I digress. Slinky was in rare form today. I hadn't even taken off my coat & he's yapping. Not just to me, but to his other "cube neighbor", & the poor new girl on the other side of his wall. He was (trying) to carry on 3 conversations at once! It was actually kinda bizarre. It was like someone wound him up like a top. And then he pops off with "Oh, I only took my meds a while ago, they should kick in here in about a 1/2 hour." WHAAAA??? Jeezus H... how about you keep your issues to yourself, huh?

*sigh* So like I said, things just kept going downhill. I couldn't seem to focus all day, mostly because I don't really have a whole lot to do right now. It's the "slow week" in my monthly schedule, which I guess is good considering I've cleaned up a lot of crap in my job from when I started. But sometimes it leaves me with too much time to think & not enough to do. So I got to obsessing over things going badly, & how much Slinky annoys me, & the fact that sometimes life just don't work out like the way you planned. I dunno, maybe it's because my birthday's coming up in a month, or maybe it's the fabulous PMS kicking in, but today reeeeeeeaaaaallly sucked.

But right now, as I look at the clock, it's almost over. Thank god.

No comments: