Friday, February 23, 2007

Bring out your dead! The Dark Man's Comin'!

So here it is, Friday (yippee!!), & it being February in the great state of Minnesota, we have a Winter Storm Warning beginning in, oh, 5 minutes as I write this (6pm CST). Supposedly, depending on which source you listen to, we could get anywhere from 10-18" of snow, with "significant" blowing & drifting possible. Now, seeing as we have only had 12.1" total for the winter thus far, people are freaking out. Apparently there were lines at Super Targets & other grocery stores. People were stopping for gas. Dogs & cats, living together... it's anarchy!

People, it's a snowstorm. I'm not a bred Minnesotan (Indiana gets to lay claim to that), but for cryin' in the night, have you people LOST YOUR FREAKING MINDS!?!? I'm told by Hubby that a storm with 10-18" of snow wouldn't have gotten people to blink an eye, let alone rush to the store for "staples". Wow... another effect of global warming. People go nuts. Fear not, dear readers... I have faith that these people will come to their senses, prepare responsibly & even (dare I say it?) ENJOY this return to winter? I, myself, will have my happy little fanny parked in front of the couch, watching some movies (The Departed & Little Miss Sunshine among them), & watching the snow fall outside.

Welcome back, Ol' Man Winter... we've missed you.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Old man Winter is an Evil bastard! He can go away any time now. Personally I did not want to spend an hour of my only day off shoveling snow, and I lucked out because my neighbor plowed me out before I got up so I only had to shovel a few inches.