Saturday, December 16, 2006

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas....

So there it is, December 16th, in Minnesota, & there's NO FREAKIN' SNOW?!??!? As if anyone needed any proof of global warming, may I present Exhibit A ladies & gentlemen. Not that I'm a huge fan of snow mind you - it's not like I ski or snowboard (of course I'm sure those of you who actually know me are laughing hysterically right now - "What!?!? HER, ski? Bwahahahahahaha!"). But it's very nice to have the Currier & Ives picture for the holidays. I mean, when I was growing up, I can only remember maybe one or two Christmases that were "brown" or no snow. It was still cold, just no snow. But the last few years it seems has been a struggle to get that powder for the holidays. It's kinda sad really. I'm sure it's completely different for those of you, dear readers, who grew up in the South or in California or something. I dunno how I'd feel about that. I guess if I never had snow at Christmas growing up, then I wouldn't miss it. But I did, & I do miss it.

So today's agenda includes finishing ALL my Christmas shopping - & to quote Scarlet O'Hara "As God as my witness..." I will finish my shopping today! It kills me that I have to go to the mall, Target & possibly Best Buy on the weekend before Christmas, but it's a necessary evil. I guess I wasn't born with the "female shopping gene". I've never really been the girl to hang at the mall. There are times when I like to go wandering through the mall, but definitely NOT during the holidays. People are either rude, oblivious to their surroundings, or just plain DUMB. So I will perform my ritual of "Commando Shopping" - get in, GET OUT, as fast as humanly possible.

Hopefully you are done with your shopping, & can enjoy this last weekend of sanity before the Holiday Craziness begins.

No comments: