Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Return to Normal?!?

Well kiddies, we have our basement back. The ServiceMaster folks came out yesterday & cleaned the basement. I have to admit, I was very skeptical that it was going to work. But wow... it's seriously cleaner in our basement rec room that it was when we moved in. Color me impressed! They did miss a couple things, & I have to take a couple items to either the cleaners or the laundromat to clean, but all things considered, it could have ended much worse.

Oh... a teaser update for those that care: the hardwood floors are done, they start staining & sealing tomorrow. The paint is almost done, & the floor in the new basement got poured today. T- 2 weeks until D-Day (12/21/2007) - the day we can reclaim our house!

insert Happy Snoopy Dance here

Now I just have to deal with starting my Christmas shopping... EEK!

6 comments:

Jerry said...

Yay! I am glad they finished putting in the floors. Soon enough you will be beyond all this transition.

Mike said...

Glad to hear you can see a light at the end of the tunnel

Mike said...

Jason describes you as citing Eddie Rabbit...is he refering to the "I love a Rainy Night" Eddie Rabbit?

Nik said...

LOL yes, that would be correct. I'm assuming he pegged me as such since one of my blogs was titled "I Love a Rainy Night".

Yes, I admit it... when I was a young lass I had a HUGE crush on Eddie Rabbit.

'Course, he couldn't hold a candle to Luke Duke. ;-)

Mike said...

Now I am getting scared. I have Eddie's albums as well as his greatest hits CD.

Nik said...

LOL Jason & I have the same problem. We usually answer the same on quizzes.

Perhaps we're triplets separated at birth? =)