Friday, October 19, 2007

Life beyond the remodel

While the remodel is a vast majority of what's going on right now, it's not the only thing. It's been interesting so far, living like "Mole People" down in the basement. I would have never guessed that I missed cooking. Not that I ever did much of it, but it's at least nice to have the option of a "home cooked meal" versus take out all the time. (A girl can only deal with so much Carbone's.)

Tomorrow's the big day - we finally get the paperwork with how much this all is going to cost. shudder I don't know if I WANT to know. But at this point I think it's going to be cheaper in the long run than trying to sell this house & move & get a new house. Plus I like this house. I like the location. Do I wish there were things that were different? Of course. But we're working on those. We'll get the house the way we want it. It'll just take time.

To quote Axl: All we need is just a little patience...

1 comment:

Jerry said...

I so know the feeling. It is hard to convey that to some folks.