Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Well I love a rainy night...

So we had quite the storms the last few days. Within 3 days, we've managed to almost make up for the deficit of the summer. Granted, it would have been much nicer in spurts, but I'm not going to complain too much. We were very fortunate that we didn't suffer any damage, just some small branches down.

I love storms tho. Didn't used to when I was small - was terrified of them in fact. Not so much the storms but when it would get so dark, & the sky would turn green. Then the sirens would go off. That's what would get to me. For years I couldn't even watch the tornado scene in the Wizard of Oz, it would completely freak me out. (True story - sad huh?) But as I got older, I decided that I would study weather-stuff, hopefully to understand what was going on. Then I started taking photos of clouds. Not the fluffy, happy blue sky clouds - those were boring. I'm talking about the big, black menacing kind - exactly the kind that I feared as a child. I guess you could call it a primitive form of therapy. It worked tho. Oh sure, I get nervous when things really get rockin' & rollin' - kinda like last night when the Weather Geeks were talking 5" hail (that's grapefruit sized folks) & winds over 100 mph. But I also wish for daylight - 'cause those would have been some kick-ass clouds to shoot. Oh well - next time.

No comments: