Tuesday, September 2, 2008

One crazy week.

I pretty much had the Week From Hell last week. I started a very long, boring post rehashing the gory details, but couldn't quite finish it. Mostly I attribute that to not wanting to relive the events again, after having told it, oh, 5 or 6 times between Thursday evening & Sunday. Let me just give you some quick bullet points to catch those of you up who don't know already:

* Got a meeting request Monday evening from my boss's boss. Wasn't sure what meeting was about but had a bad feeling.
* Meeting wasn't until Thursday. Had almost 2 days to stew about it.
* Feelings turned out to be right - got reamed once again for having an "attitude" with someone, even though I was completely innocent (and this time I truly believe it.)
* Really, REALLY wanted to tell my bosses to shove their sorry-ass job up their ass sideways, but refrained.

So that was everything up until Thursday, in a nutshell. There are a lot of details in between - for those of you that care, shoot me an email & I'll tell ya the rest. I was feeling pretty low on Thursday afternoon & evening - about as low as I've felt in a very long time. Unfortunately Hubby was out of town, but very fortunately I have some awesome friends who threw me a lifeline. To those of you that tried to boost my spirits, I love you guys - each one of you. I hope you know how much you mean to me. /End sappiness.

I decided to take Friday off from work (fuck the fucking fuckers), & what a good decision that was. It was such a beautiful day - sunny, perfect temps, & I got to go hang out with more friends for most of the day. Then it was prep time for the big Munch-N-Jam for the band. Talk about a whirlwind of events! It seemed to come & go so fast. But what a FUCKING BLAST Saturday was! :) I, along with a few others who shall remain nameless, got wasted after the shindig, but a good time was had by all. The best part was that I got to forget the previous week's events, even for a little while. Sunday started out a lazy day, then had a BBQ to send off a friend back to Texas. Hopefully he made it back before any of the heavy rains hit from Gustav. Yesterday, I slept. A LOT. But that's ok, because I guess I needed it.

Today - it was back to the Idiot Factory. But I was ok, surprisingly. I was dreading going in, but I decided, well... FUCK THE FUCKING FUCKERS. I'm going to do my job, & screw 'em. I'm gonna work on my resume over the next few days, & get it out there. But first I need to figure out what I want to do, because I'm not going to get stuck in another Idiot Factory again.

No comments: