Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ahhhhhh.... silence

We are finally house-guest free. Over the past week some of my family has been here visiting - my uncle, aunt, cousin & her daughter came up from Chicago. It's been a whirl-wind week. They arrived on Monday evening, & they left earlier this morning. They went to the Waterpark of America on Tuesday (which I was able to get out of, thank goodness), then we all went to the Zoo on Wednesday. That was a lot of fun. We got to see the new Grizzly Coast exhibit, which the Zoo did a very nice job with. The weather was gorgeous, & I managed to fry myself pretty good (which, if you know me, isn't that hard). I'm not Casper any more! =)

Thursday was the big Wall of Maleria day. My cousin's little girl (who's now all of 13 & quite the teenager - whiny & self absorbed & all) was looking forward to that day for months. We walked around 3 of the 4 floors & were there probably 5 or 6 hours. Yes, I am completely insane.

Yesterday we took the light rail downtown to Nicollet Mall. My aunt wanted to see the Mary Tyler Moore statue, & the Basilica of St. Mary. So we did that. And walked. And walked. And walked. I swear I've walked 50 miles in the last 3 days.

All in all it was a good time though. This particular branch of my family is my favorite, so that helped. The only issue came Monday night when my mom decided to wig out on everyone. She was the most stressful of anyone. I swear, that woman could try the patience of Mother Teresa.

Oh, & I drove a minivan. I HATE minivans. They suck.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Sounds like a good week overall, except for the mini van...they suck.