Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Work is highly overrated.

I'm going through a period of disenchantment with my work. I like what I do (for the most part), & there's a lot of variety. However, since the first of the year I've been working with a new group, the dreaded "Beltsville" location, & they have become nothing but a complete thorn in my side. I have no idea how this company stayed afloat. Even though we have the exact same systems, they did everything manually, billing their customers from Excel spreadsheets. Now, this in & of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, except for the fact that the data they put into Excel was the EXACT SAME INFORMATION that comes from the system, just arranged differently. I am BEYOND frustrated.

Yesterday I feel was my breaking point however. I wasn't feeling well, I was getting a very bad cold with a massive headache, & I had to get into an argument with a customer on the phone. Well, "had to" probably isn't correct, but I'm so tired of kissing these peoples' asses for no good reason. I'm fed up. So I've mentioned (via email today) to my supervisor that I wanted to talk to him tomorrow about this. He then responded that he "wanted to talk to me too". *sigh* So now I'm fully expecting to get yelled at tomorrow. But right now, I really don't give a flying fuck. At this point I'm more than ready to go work at Starbucks, or Caribou, or Barnes & Noble. I'm tired of being in a cube farm, & I'm tired of stressing out about work even though I know I do a very good job & work very hard yet still get shit on.

Would you like whipped cream on that?

1 comment:

Jason said...

One of my favorite Skyclad lyrics, from the song "Art Nazi":

I'm sick of eating shit
can I try another flavor?


Heh. I never could stand the corporate world.