Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Parents are weird.

So I'm off on one of my many fun trips to Chez Target yesterday during lunch, & I saw one of the more odd sights I've witnessed in a while. As I'm standing in the line to complete my purchase, I hear a mother cooing "Who's a pretty baby?!? YES YOU ARE! YES YOU ARE!" Now, this in & of itself isn't the weird part (tho it does kinda make my skin crawl when I hear people talk to babies that way). What was weird was that as I turned around, she's got the kid in a car seat in the cart, snapping away with a very nice, very expensive camera. Just right smack in the middle of the aisle in front of the checkout lanes! She had 2 other kids with her too, toddler-aged, & they had these looks like "Jeez, mom, c'mon!" It was funny & sad at the same time.

I swear, breeders are strange creatures...

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm generally nauseated by the increasing influence of the American Child Cult.

The children. The children!

Ugh.